Each once in a while I am asked what are the primary steps in making a podcast. Inevitably these customers think that a podcast is a major enterprise that needs to be deliberate the identical as any other learning content. They're shocked when I start off by saying that you've got executed many of the pre-work already!
What do I imply by pre-work?
It is all that stuff you want to do earlier than you create the learning content. You see a podcast should be regarded as an audio version of article marketing. It is not really content material by itself -- although it can be packed that way.
Instead it usually is utilized in help of a business (meaning selling a set of data merchandise -- training, books etc.) So much of the pre-work has already been done.
By the point you're ready to begin the Podcast creation you need to already have:
1. Identified your target audience. This entails creating a profile of your perfect customer. The type of individual that you just want to work with. With particulars of their wants, needs and habits.
2. Recognized your audience's present issues, desires and fears.
3. Recognized a solution to resolve their issues, achieve their needs or avoid their fears. This is restricted system for using your core product to perform one of many three motivators.
4. Deliberate your product mix. This is a list of all learning content material merchandise you will want to provide both for gross sales and for advertising purposes. Clearly a podcast could be identified as one of those studying content material products.
At this level you should have already outlined what it is advisable do with your podcast to listen to
, how lengthy it will be, and the bottom format. Now you get to begin the process of creating your podcast.
1. Establish the format of the specific podcast. While you have already determined the format for the majority of your podcasts, you want to determine what format you will use for this podcast. Periodically it's possible you'll need to change from the same old format just to inject a little bit of change.
2. Establish the theme of the podcast. You may need to inject new subjects into the podcast based on many alternative sources. The perfect source, of course, is questions your audience asks. In case you are doing a column model format you could wish to use a standard matter for the entire columns or you could need to preserve them independent.
3. Design the podcast. Just as writing an article is made easier in case you have a list of points you want to make so is creating a podcast. However, in contrast to an article which is simple, a podcast is a medium level product. So you at all times wish to do it with a script. This script will be written in full or it may be written as a collection of points. Nevertheless, you do it, you will need a detailed script for every column in your podcast.